Monday, September 24, 2007

Monday Morning Movie Review - Resident Evil: Extinction

I thought this movie was awful. Not that my opinion matters, but I didn’t like it and would like my $8.50 back please. I was dragged to see this film because my boyfriend wanted to see it; and I for one am not a fan of scary movies. I am easily frightened and this movie made me jump too much and was too loud with screaming zombie like creatures. There was also a great deal of gore which I am also not a fan of. The plot however has its appeal I suppose, the end of the world, a virus that turns mankind into flesh eating mutants; it was interesting to say the least. It was also easy to follow and understand, considering I haven’t see the first two Resident Evil movies as of yet. This movie did have an effect on me, because at exactly 12:36am this morning I had woken up from a nightmare where I was about to be tortured by these filthy desert dwelling individuals with crazed looks in their eyes.

9 comments:

fashionably smitten said...

I have seen the other Resident Evil movies and was looking forward to this one, but maybe I'll wait for a bargain tuesday before I go and see it. The other ones aren't so bad, maybe you should see them.

Anonymous said...

In response, I'm an English major because they held me to my application and I can't transfer because my father doesn't approve of it unless I have a degree from another college that is not music related (even though I pay tuition myself).

Jessica said...

I have never seen any of the Resident Evil movies, for the reasons you said...they're loud and zombies like. I also like your idea of keeping your name out of the blog. I do hope you are able to write freely in here.

Max said...

zobmies, ezplosions, and women... I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Joe W said...

I only saw the first Resident Evil movie and it was OK. I waited to rent it, rather than see it in theaters. Movie tickets are WAY overpriced nowadays, although the Fitchburg one has discount Tuesdays. Maybe that would have left you a little less bitter?

blah said...

"[zombies], [explosions], and women... I'm not sure what the problem is here."

I too, approve of this message and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

blah said...

In response to

'"Pumpkin, we can go out to dinner tonight, but I have to be home by 8."
"Why do you have to be home by 8?"
"I have to meet up with my guild to kill [Onyxia] (the dragon)or I get kicked out of my guild."'

Haha, that kinda sounds like me. Only, I'd say to hell with the raid and the girlfriend and I would do something together. I started playing when I was single so at first it wasn't a big deal. =P

Taryn said...

I have never actually seen that movie, but I have seen zombie movies that sound similar. I never usually end up getting nightmares from these kinds of movies. The horror movies that are really scary to me are the ones that could actually happen in real life.

Anonymous said...

I have been living in the desert with my friends for years. The crazed look in our eyes is not the result of an infection by a mutated virus it is because we graduated from FSC.

Graduate