Monday, October 1, 2007

7 Year Marriage Renewal

This weekend, my dad was telling me about this new law that some idiots are trying to pass... Since the divorce rate is so high, I guess a new law some people want to pass is a Marriage Renewal... I guess around the 7th year of marriage, couple tend to get a divorce... so the new law they want to come up with would give you the option to renew your marriage every 7 years, or at least after the first or give you the option to walk away without having to go through a messy divorce and such.
What are they going to say when giving your vows now... "do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband for the next 7 years and maybe then some?"
This is SO dumb! If you think there is a good chance you will want to get a divorce after 7 years, why would you get married in the first place?
I'm going to have to do some research on this... I'll get back to you.