Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Carving Get Together

This year marks the 5th year I will be having a few of my close friends over to carve pumpkins. I am a Halloween nut and am very excited about celebrating the upcoming Day of the Dead. Costumes, candy, scary movies, tricks, I love it all and will find any excuse to participate in this spooky Holiday. One day I plan to have a huge annual Halloween party; but for now, I live in my parent’s home and can only have a small get together. Never the less, I still put lots of thought and effort into this event and making it a memorable and fun occasion. I love to decorate cakes, so I will of course be making a Halloween Funfetti Cake with Orange Frosting and decorated like a pumpkin. I also bought Halloween plates, cups and napkins. I plan on decorating the table with some dried fallen leaves from outside, the pumpkin cake, a miniature pumpkin, and some cute Halloween cards I have received. Pumpkin carving is always a good time, because everyone is up to their elbows in pumpkin guts and basically grossed out, but in a fun way. We usually have some classic Halloween themed movie on in the background, like It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. My friend Bobby always brings candy corn flavored soda from Target (which everyone thinks is disgusting but chokes down anyways.) Each year I try to add just a little to my Halloween collection, and this year I bought a new bowl for Trick or Treaters, some new Halloween cookie cutters, more pumpkin carving tools, and a Spooky Sound Effects cd.



This picture was taken last year at Pumpkin Carving 2006. My friend Michelle decided to carve my friend Bobby’s face… it came out great!

2 comments:

rpeire02 said...

You are adorable.

fashionably smitten said...

your making the whole class jealous that they can't come to this party. it sounds amazing. i like doing small things like this with a close group of friends. it makes you feel like a dork but its amazing at the same time. have so much fun at your party!