Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I realize I've been really bad lately about updating my blog. This is no good, because I am s'posed to be keeping up with it for a class. woops. My apologies Dr. Roumas.

Well, I have a party/event to write about. My boyfriend graduated from Police Academy Friday, November 16th and I am throwing him a suprise graduation party this Friday. I have been planning this party since early Spetember.

It is being held at my home-town's VFW. The guest list includes his close friends, along with some not close friends I s'pose. You know, people he hangs out with at parties and generally likes. The entire Police Dept. of our town is basically invited and I believe a good number of them will be coming. Also his family members and some of my family members. I even went as far as inviting other student officers he attended Police Academy with... this was a challenge, because I had to obtain thier emails without him knowing.

The decorations with be mostly blue and white. I got plastic handcuffs as centerpieces for tables; a police hat for the buffet table and a giant badge that reads "Special Police," for my boyfriend to wear when he enters the party.

As for music, I have hand-selected each song. HAHA. This is not as easy as it seems, chosing 5 hours worth of music to satisfy the likes of several 20 somethings, grandparents and the Chief of Police. I picked a lot of classic rock, some hip-hop I guess you'd call it, some rap without swears or degrating phrases (this was difficult), even some Micheal Jackson and MC Hammer. Part of me is worried this party music will bring us back to the days of middle school dances. But whatever, this is a very mixed group of people and tastes I'm sure, so I did a variety of music. The Cops Theme song is def. being played when he enters the room. "Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?"

Hopefully all will go well. Music + friends + food + booze usually equals a good time had by all, hopefully that's all we will need and hopefully the party will be a lot of fun. I'm not too worried about that.

I will give an update after the actual party itself.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving all!

No comments: